Netflix Error code: U7353-5101-3 (Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Alienware X17 R1 with 27GP950-B LG external monitor)
This is a troubleshooting on going issue on my setup at home.
Some months ago I got a new laptop and Alienware X17 R1 with a Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070, so far so good, I update to Windows 11 Home without issues.
What I also got an external 27" LG gaming monitor, model 27GP950-B to play games and enjoy some movies, capable of 4K HDR600 1ms, 144Hz.
- I play Netflix on my laptop itself, have no issue.
- I connect external monito to PS5 using HDMI 2.1, no issue I can play 4K HDR 120Hz.
- I work / play using USB 3.2 Gen 2 (Type C port) with DisplayPort, support 4K HDR 144Hz, no issues.
Problem is Netflix,
- When I try to play any series, movie, anything on netflix it shows this nasty error and a black screen is being shown on monitor: Error code: U7353-5101-3
- I report to Netflix support directly, what they ask me is to remove HDR and low the resolution, and I don't think that's a good solution.
- This is the only application that I have problem, so I'm pretty confident is Netflix some way of anti-piracy protection.
- I already try the web version and the Windows 11 App in the Windows Store, both do the same: a black screen, no audio, sometimes you can hear the audio, never any video.
- Is possible that LG monitor is lacking some feature required to play, but not sure at this point
I already give up, so I wrote this blog, if someone find how to resolve, please share. If there is no solution to the issue, better to warn users that pretend to get a laptop with GeForce 3070 and an LG 27"external monitor, that Netflix won't work, so avoid buying it.
I'll update in the future if I can find a solution, please comment, if you want me to try something.